Healthy Streams Farm Stewardship Program Workshop
Monday, February 23rd, 9:00 am – 11:30 am
581 Himes Avenue Frederick, MD 21703
Learn about strategies and new funding sources available to farmers to achieve healthier cows and cleaner streams. The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay is hosting the free workshop and lunch on February 23, 2015 at Dutch’s Daughter in Frederick, Maryland.
Speakers from the Alliance, Stroud Water Research Center and Whitescarver Consulting will help you discover opportunities to:
- Fence livestock out of your stream
- Reduce pasture erosion and over-grazing on your stream banks
- Improve fencing or animal crossings along your stream
- Improve your barnyard for water quality and manure management
- Access new additional funding to help you achieve your conservation goal
Registration is required and closes on 2/19/15. To register, contact Craig Highfield at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-267-5723.
This event is free to agricultural producers and lunch is provided.