Position Announcement: Local Government Programs Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
The Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Alliance:
The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay (Alliance) is a regional nonprofit organization whose mission is to bring together communities, companies, and conservationists to restore the lands and waters of the Chesapeake Bay watershed. In partnership, the Alliance implements programs that connect people to their local river and become directly involved in local restoration efforts. The Alliance was founded in 1971 and has offices in Annapolis, MD, Lancaster, PA, Washington, D.C., and Richmond, VA.
The Local Government Programs Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for the Local Government Programs Team under the direct supervision of the Director of Local Government Programs. The 20-hour per week position is located in the Alliance’s Annapolis, MD Office.
Specific Duties of the Position:
- Administrative Support, in working with the Local Government Programs staff:
- Developing procurements for meeting locations, lodging, and food
- Organizing logistics for meeting locations, and attendance
- Prepare communication (emails, meeting notices, etc)
- Maintain meeting attendance
- Schedule and participate in Team check-ins
- Clerical and Financial Administration, in working with the Local Government Programs and Finance Team staff:
- Maintain updated financials on Program grants
- Create and maintain templates as needed
- Process reimbursement requests
- Order supplies, as needed, in accordance with Alliance procurement guidelines
- Review and process invoices for payment
- Additional tasks to enhance the Local Government Team’s role in the Chesapeake Bay Program as needed
Qualifications & Experience:
- The Administrative Assistant must have at least 2 year of experience or equivalent education preferably in a related field (business, non-profit, or public administration). Previous experience working in local government or professional meeting planning is preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks, and follow through
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, but also function as a member of a team
- General knowledge and interest of issues facing the Chesapeake Bay and its restoration
- Ability to articulate the mission and values of the Alliance
- Excellent computer skills are necessary: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Documents and Forms, Survey Monkey, Doodle Poll Scheduling
- Creative problem solving and ability to work independently
The Alliance aspires to be an inclusive multicultural organization that celebrates the rich dimensions of diversity such as race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious and political beliefs. We are committed to ensuring diversity and inclusion remain integral to our organizational structure, policies, board of directors, staff, strategic goals, grants, partnerships and program delivery.
The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay offers a family and dog-friendly, flexible work environment. We are committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you meet more than 75% of the qualifications of this description, we encourage you to submit an application.
Supervision: The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Director, Local Government Programs
Hours and Location: The Administrative Assistant will be based at the Alliance’s Headquarters in Annapolis, MD with some ability to work from home after an initial orientation period. Infrequent night and weekend work may be required. Limited travel within the Chesapeake Bay watershed may be required. The position advertised is part-time (20 hours per week). Specific weekly schedules may be mutually determined and agreed to by the Programs Administrative Assistant and Director of Local Government Programs.
Salary: $20.67 per hour+, commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits are available.
Application: Please email your cover letter, résumé, and list of 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, October 30, 2019. Indicate “Local Government Programs Administrative Assistant” in the email subject line. No telephone inquiries, please.