Woodlot Management Workshop
Your woods are a tremendous asset. If properly managed, even a small patch of woods can provide income for you and your family for generations. However, every decision you make in your woods (including taking no action at all), can impact its potential for hundreds of years. Join us to learn the basics of woodlot management, including the following:
– Silviculture (the cultivation of trees)
– Tree Identification: What is Valuable and What is Junk
– When to Harvest, and When to Wait
– Invasive Plant Management
– Improving Your Woods for Game and Other Wildlife
– And more!
Lunch and refreshments will be provided. This event is free of cost and sponsored by Forests For the Bay, a project of the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay.
Registration is appreciated; please email or call Ryan Davis at 757-377-3200. Transportation can be arranged. The workshop will be partly indoors but mostly out in the woods.
Anyone is welcome, whether you have a large woodlot, a small patch, or no trees at all.