The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay offers a limited number of scholarships for the 2019 Chesapeake Watershed Forum registration, lodging, and meals.
We believe a more diverse Forum improves the experience of all attendees. Diverse perspectives create richer discussions, creative partnerships, and a more inclusive restorative environmental movement. We strive for the Forum to look, feel, and talk like all of our Bay communities. Each year we try to increase representation from previously underrepresented communities and this scholarship helps us make that happen.
The scholarship gives preference to those who:
- Are a first-time recipient of a Chesapeake Watershed Forum scholarship.
- Have a financial need.
- Come from a diverse background, including racial and ethnic backgrounds, that is traditionally underrepresented at the Chesapeake Watershed Forum.
Please do not feel discouraged to apply if you do not meet all three preferences.
There are two steps for applying for a scholarship.
First, you must register for the Chesapeake Watershed Forum. Click here to register.
On the Forum registration form, you will be asked whether you are applying for a scholarship. By selecting “I will apply for a scholarship to offset my 2019 registration fees,” you will be excluded from paying a registration fee at that time.
After registering, you will receive an email receipt of your registration confirmation. This receipt will list the tentatively waived registration fee.
Second, you must fill out a scholarship application. You will receive an automatic email upon completing your registration that provides a link to the scholarship application. You must register first in order to receive the scholarship application.
There are three written prompts included in the scholarship application. The first two are required, the third is optional.
- What experience or lessons learned do you hope to gain as a result of attending the Chesapeake Watershed Forum?
- Please provide a statement of your organizational and/or personal financial need.
- We encourage applicants with minority backgrounds, distinctive experience, or unique family histories to write about how these elements will contribute to the Chesapeake Watershed Forum and the scholarship preferences (noted above).
Your scholarship application deadline: Friday, October 2, 2019 5:00 pm EST. If we do not receive your application, you must either cancel your registration or pay at that time. The registration fee can be found on your registration confirmation.
We will make our final decisions on scholarship recipients by no later than Monday, October 7, 2019. Applicants who do not receive a scholarship must either cancel their registration at that time or pay for their registration.
Please contact Adam Bray at firstname.lastname@example.org.