The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay offers a limited number of scholarships for the 2020 Chesapeake Watershed Forum registration.
We believe a more diverse Forum improves the experience of all attendees. Diverse perspectives create richer discussions, creative partnerships, and a more inclusive restorative environmental movement. We strive for the Forum to look, feel, and talk like all of our Bay communities. Each year we try to increase representation from previously underrepresented communities and this scholarship helps us make that happen.
The scholarship gives preference to those who:
- Are a first-time recipient of a Chesapeake Watershed Forum scholarship.
- Have a financial need.
- Come from a diverse background, including racial and ethnic backgrounds, that is traditionally underrepresented at the Chesapeake Watershed Forum.
Please do not feel discouraged to apply if you do not meet all three preferences.
The scholarship application is now closed.
There are three written prompts included in the scholarship application. The first two are required, the third is optional.
- What experience or lessons learned do you hope to gain as a result of attending the Chesapeake Watershed Forum?
- Please provide a statement of your organizational and/or personal financial need.
- We encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds, distinctive experience, or unique family histories to write about how these elements will contribute to the Chesapeake Watershed Forum and the scholarship preferences (noted above).
We will make our final decisions on scholarship recipients by no later than Friday, October 9, 2020.
If you are awarded a scholarship, then you will receive a waiver code to enter during registration. Do not register before you hear back about your scholarship application!
Please contact Jenny McGarvey at firstname.lastname@example.org.