Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay Responds to Threat to Eliminate EPA Funding

Media Contact: Marissa Spratley Email: mspratley@allianceforthebay.org Office: 443-949-0575  FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay Responds to Threat to Eliminate EPA Funding (Annapolis, MD – March 17, 2017) Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay Executive Director Albert H. Todd issued the following statement today in response to the FY18 Budget Blueprint released yesterday by the

Alliance & Partners Launch New Forestry Websites

The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay, in partnership with the Chesapeake Bay Program's Forestry Workgroup and the U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, launched two new websites to help support those working to plant and protect trees in the Chesapeake Bay watershed. The Chesapeake Riparian Forest Buffer Network and Chesapeake Tree Canopy Network were created with

Position Announcement: CBP Communications – Multimedia Intern

The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay seeks a Multimedia Intern for its Chesapeake Bay Program (CBP) Communications Office in Annapolis, Maryland. This is summer 2017 position. Deadline to apply is Friday, March 31, 2017. Project Description: CBP Communications uses photography, video and text to produce original stories related to restoration, protection and environmental appreciation across

Position Announcement: Pennsylvania State Director

The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay, a regional non-profit organization based in Annapolis, MD with offices in Virginia and Pennsylvania, seeks a creative and energetic person to serve as the Director of our Pennsylvania office and provide leadership for Alliance programs and projects in Pennsylvania. About the Alliance: The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay was

Project Clean Stream: Engaging Businesses and Making a Splash in Local Communities

Every spring, local waterways and woodlands receive a clean start as thousands of volunteers come together for the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay’s Project Clean Stream, the largest annual volunteer cleanup event in the Chesapeake Bay region. This year, Project Clean Stream officially kicks off on April 1, 2017 for its 14th year of bringing

Slowing Land Subsidence in Hampton Roads, VA with Wastewater

Hampton Roads, Virginia is the second largest population area threatened by sea level rise in the country. Southeast Virginia is predicted to be inundated with an additional one to three plus feet of sea level by 2060. Forcing as many as 170,000 residents to relocate. About half of the previous sea level rise can be

Alliance’s Howard County READY Program Wins Melanie Teems Award

Left to right: Al Todd (Alliance Executive Director), Lori Lilly (Howard EcoWorks Director), Ted Wolf (READY Program Assistant), and Lou Etgen (Maryland State Director) accept award The Alliance's Howard County READY (Restoring the Environment and Developing Youth) Program, founded in partnership with People Acting Together in Howard (PATH) and Howard County, and now managed

Stormwater Symbiosis: A Look at the Bloomingdale Rebate Program as a Successful Example of Public-Private-Civil Society Partnership

Mutually Beneficial Relationships Flourish Institutions that embody symbiotic relationships between public, private, and civil society sectors have proven to be a successful model for the management of water resources across the globe. Their cooperative approach brings together a range of partners that can accommodate diverse community needs in a way that is transparent, inclusive, and

Alliance Executive Director Announces Plans for 2017 Retirement

Media Contact: Mary-Angela Hardwick Email: mhardwick@allianceforthebay.org Office: 443-949-0575 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay Executive Director Announces Plans for 2017 Retirement (January 25, 2017 - Annapolis, MD) Albert H. Todd, Executive Director of the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay and long-time watershed leader has announced his plans to retire in late summer 2017.

Yellow Breeches Watershed Residents: Win a Free Native Garden!

Do you live in the Yellow Breeches watershed in Pennsylvania? If so, you may be eligible to win a free native garden for your backyard! Thanks to the Alliance's Reduce Your Stormwater program, 80% of the garden will be paid for by the Alliance, & now you have the chance to win the additional 20% paid

Growing partnerships with farmers key to restoring Octoraro watershed

The Chesapeake region is fortunate to have a variety of organizations that are interested in creating innovative partnerships to address local needs for clean water. In 2016, the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay was awarded two grants from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation to reduce nitrate pollution in the Octoraro watershed in Lancaster and

Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay Announces New Board Members

Media Contact: Mary-Angela Hardwick Email: mhardwick@allianceforthebay.org Office: 443-949-0575 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay Announces New Board Members (January 3, 2017 – Annapolis, MD) The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay announces the election of five new members to its Board of Directors. The newly elected Board members are Joe Carnahan, Kelly Gutshall, Sally