Working together to understand the health of our waters
The Chesapeake Monitoring Cooperative is a group of leading organizations that provide technical, programmatic, and outreach support in order to integrate volunteer-based and non-traditional water quality and macroinvertebrate monitoring data into the Chesapeake Bay Program partnership. Currently there are many sources of data, including data collected by volunteers, local governments and NGOs, that are not being used to track Bay health. Data contribution by this network of volunteer and non-traditional sources will provide valuable information and create a comprehensive understanding of the Chesapeake Bay Watershed, the health of the bay, and the success of restoration efforts.
Why should you get involved?
- Water quality monitoring training
- Assistance to acquire monitoring supplies
- Technical support to establish and maintain a monitoring program
- Data interpretation and report card development workshops
- Use of the user-friendly database for storing and managing your data
- Knowledge that your data is available to State and Federal agencies