New Year, New Board Leadership!
With a new year comes a new leadership slate for the Board of the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay!
At the conclusion of 2019, the Alliance had five Board Members conclude their terms. We are so grateful to Jenn Troy (MD), Jack Detweiler (PA), Jim Elliott (PA), and Steve Pattison (MD) for their six plus years of service on our Board. Dr. Bob Paul (MD), former Chair of the Board, also ended his term as Chair Emeritus.
The Executive Committee of the Board has also changed with the turning of the calendar. The Board of Directors of the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay has elected Andrea Field (VA), partner at Hunton and Williams, as its Chair-Elect. Field will serve as chair-elect this year and then assume a two-year term as Board Chair, starting in 2021. Ginny Snead (VA), will serve one more year as the Board Chair, through the end of 2020.
Other new Board leadership includes:
- Brian Macnamara (VA), CFO of HOST Hotels and Resorts – Treasurer
- Sally Hornor (MD), former professor – Secretary
- Bill Gill (VA), Smithfield Foods – Governance Chair
- Dennis Chestnut (DC), former Executive Director of Groundworks DC – Programs Chair
- Susan Johnson (MD), former ExxonMobil executive – Development Chair
In 2019, we welcomed 6 new Board Members, including:
- Deb Lucas (VA), SalesForce
- Matt McGehrin (MD), Merrill Lynch
- Jennifer Jackson (VA), Capital One
- Elizabeth Abdoo (VA), retired from HOST Hotels and Resorts
- Lisa Ausherman (MD), Amazing Space Design LLC
- Doug Palmore (VA), Luck Companies
To learn more about our Board of Directors, please visit: 2020 Alliance Board of Directors