Multimedia Intern – CBP Communications
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: CBP Communications – Multimedia Intern
The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay seeks a Multimedia Intern for its Chesapeake Bay Program (CBP) Communications Office in Annapolis, Maryland. This is summer 2018 position. Deadline to apply is Friday, April 13, 2018.
The CBP Communications Office uses photography, video and text to produce original stories related to restoration, protection and environmental appreciation across the 64,000 square-mile Chesapeake Bay watershed. The intern will assist in the production of feature stories and will be expected to take part in all steps of the creative process, from pitching ideas to publishing on our website, www.chesapeakebay.net. Depending on the final candidate, this internship has the potential to include video production. The CBP Communications Office draws on its visual resources for news stories, webpages and social media outreach to diverse audiences and interest groups throughout the watershed.
The Multimedia Intern will:
– Work under the guidance of the Multimedia Specialist to generate story ideas, photographs and potentially videos that meet CBP’s specifically identified needs.
– Categorize, organize, edit, label and tag digital photos for the extensive CBP photo archive.
– Assist the Multimedia Specialist and Web Content Specialist in producing at least three photo essays from concept through online publication and promotion, including accompanying the Communications team into the field as a contributing photographer and writing story content.
– Take on other duties as assigned and as applicable to the candidate’s skills, such as video production,
content generation and social media promotion.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience generating story ideas.
- Proficiency in tagging, organizing and toning digital photos using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Experience in DSLR photography workflow.
- Strong interest in environmental and social issues, preferably related to the Chesapeake Bay.
- Solid writing proficiency.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and willingness to be a team player.
- Must have own car.
- Physical requirements – applicants must be:
- able to lift and carry objects up 50 pounds
- able to stand and walk for extended periods, sometimes over rough terrain
- comfortable traveling by boat
- Videography and non-linear editing skills are a plus.
Contract Period & Hours:
40 hours/week for 15 weeks (negotiable) in summer 2018 (May – August)
This position is based at the Chesapeake Bay Program office near downtown Annapolis, Maryland.
Stipend: This is a paid internship without benefits. Federal mileage rates apply.
About the organization(s):
The Chesapeake Bay Program is a diverse federal/state/non-government partnership established in 1983. It works to restore and protect the Chesapeake Bay and the thousands of streams, creeks and rivers in the watershed through collaborative policy making, scientific assessment and public communication. The CBP Communications Office is managed by the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay under grant funding provided by the Environmental Protection Agency. This position reports directly to the Multimedia Specialist and works closely with the Chesapeake Bay Program Communications team.
Please email cover letter, resume, writing sample and a link to a tightly-edited portfolio to Rachel Felver, Director
of Communications, at email@example.com by Friday, April 13, 2018. Include “MM Intern” in subject
line. No phone calls, please.