Menu

Yellow Breeches Watershed Residents: Win a Free Native Garden!

///Yellow Breeches Watershed Residents: Win a Free Native Garden!

Do you live in the Yellow Breeches watershed in Pennsylvania? If so, you may be eligible to win a free native garden for your backyard! Thanks to the Alliance’s Reduce Your Stormwater program, 80% of the garden will be paid for by the Alliance, & now you have the chance to win the additional 20% paid for thanks to the Yellow Breeches Watershed Association! If you don’t win, you can still participate in the Alliance’s 80/20 cost-share program. To learn more about the guidelines of the contest, click here: YBWA Landscape Challenge 2017 flyer.  You can use this map to determine if you live in the Yellow Breeches, which is colored green.

To apply for either the YBWA contest or the 80/20 cost-share program, visit the Online Yard Design Tool and follow the steps to design your garden and submit an application!

 

80/20 Cost-share Program

If you do not live within the Yellow Breeches boundaries, but you live in one of the following areas, you can still apply to have 80% of your garden paid for by the Alliance. And if you don’t live in any of these areas (but somewhere else in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed), you can still use the Yard Design Tool to design a garden for your yard!

Eligible areas for the 80/20 cost-share program:

The Yellow Breeches/Conodoguinet watersheds (Pennsylvania) include the following municipalities:

  • all of Cumberland County
  • Adams County: Bendersville, Huntington, Latimore, Menallen, Tyrone, York Springs
  • Franklin County: Fannett, Greene, Letterkenny, Lurgan, Metal, Shippensburg, Southampton, St. Thomas
  • York County: Carroll, Dillsburg, Fairview, Franklin, Franklintown, Monaghan, Warrington, Wellsville

The Middle James watershed (Virginia) includes the following counties/cities: Amherst, Appomatox, Prince Edward, Nottoway, Amelia, Powhatan, Chesterfield, Richmond, Charles City, New Kent, Henrico, Goochland, Fluvanna, Buckingham, Albermarle, Charlottesville, Nelson, Bedford and Greene.

Allison Campbell Program Assistant, Pennsylvania Office

Allison joined the Alliance's Pennsylvania Office as a Program Assistant in November 2014, where she supports a variety of the Pennsylvania programs such as Reduce Your Stormwater and the Online Yard Design Tool.

View Bio